We are thrilled to let everyone in on our big news. Our team is always working hard to create tools and solutions that help consumers keep their personal information private, and with the announcement of our newest service, we have made a huge leap forward.
So, here’s our big announcement: we’ve made an API available for businesses to help companies keep your data private and secure!
The API enables companies to use our patent pending privacy platform and Dispersed Storage System to give control over the personal data they collect to their users. Much like the data privacy control we offer through our free private search service, online businesses can now also use our platform to reduce their risks, responsibilities and hassles of storing sensitive user data and instead can give full control to individuals. For businesses that use the API, consumers will have the ability to manage the way their data is accessed and used.
Here’s Why This is Important To Consumers
- Companies who use our API will be offering you (consumers) ultimate control over access to your own data. Your data will be much safer, stored more carefully and under your control. The technology is designed so that your data can only be accessed with your explicit consent and unauthorized parties are prevented from viewing or using your data.
- Through use of our technology platform, your data is encrypted, sliced and stored in geographically dispersed vaults that are managed by nonprofits created to steward data. With this process, you remove common data threats of rogue employees, company data breaches, and mishandling by companies (many of which simply don’t have the resources required to properly protect your information).
- You’ll know that companies that use our API are making a strong statement and commitment that they care about keeping your data private and show that they are good corporate citizens by offering you control over how and when they can access your data.
Here’s Why This is Important To Businesses
- Build consumer trust and confidence by protecting user data
- Reduce cyber threat, hacking and data handling risks
- Spend company resources elsewhere, knowing your data is managed and stored securely
- Our flexible can be rolled out to an entire user base or offered to individuals on an opt-in basis
- The API can be customized to meet the data structure needs of any SaaS and is designed to scale with any size business.
For more information, visit the new API page on our website, or reach out to us directly! We’re happy to answer any questions and we’d love to hear your thoughts. Businesses interested in the API can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.